A Laboratory Information Management Solution for the Contract Laboratory
SoftTrace know that contract laboratories are under pressure to achieve process efficiencies while at the same time comply with stricter regulations. Workload challenges combined with time-consuming manual processes, security pressures, the likelihood of human error and inefficient processes make it increasingly difficult to meet regulatory and customer demands.
SoftTrace LIMS solves the quality, sample management, data integrity, process efficiency security, and information management difficulties of contract laboratories. It improves laboratory productivity, streamlines complex data management processes and minimises compliance risk by eliminating manual data transfer. SoftTrace LIMS is highly configurable and reflects current work processes – making it easy to use for data entry, data transfer, analysis calculations and approval mechanisms:
- Increase operational efficiency and profits while meeting your analysis and data integration challenges.
- Streamline sample management, communications and validation procedures.
- Create a paperless laboratory and eliminate errors.
- Achieve significant cost reductions.
- Achieve guaranteed data integrity.
- Meet legislative and customer demands.
- Maximise your quality management capabilities.
- Guarantee customer satisfaction and achieve a significant competitive advantage.
- Future-proof your investment.
SoftTrace can examine the specific needs of your laboratory, configure a system and devise an implementation and support plan to meet your specific process and information management objectives.
Discover how our contract laboratory customers are using SoftTrace LIMS to meet their challenges and increase profitability:
- Sample Registration: Pre-register samples and use the Sample Scheduler to automatically configure routine samples. Print barcode labels. Use the Look-Up tables to configure the required tests and analysis fields.
- Sample Reception: Scan barcode labels or use the sample identifier to automatically generate sample test details including client ID, sample origin, sample type, test requirements, sample condition etc.
- Workflow Management: Assign samples and tests to laboratory personnel and prioritise the workload depending on your business needs and increase your process versatility and laboratory turnover rate.
- Sample Analysis Data Entry / Acquisition: Manually enter analysis data or capture data directly from laboratory instruments. Filter samples by priority or date of receipt into the laboratory. Results entered into SoftTrace LIMS are automatically colour-coded by the system based on the established test specifications for the attention of the Laboratory Manager. Data amendments are automatically audit trailed with a reason code, operator identifier, date and time. Colour coding indicates that the result has been changed.
- Calculations: Store user-defined calculation formulae to automatically compute results based on raw data inputs. Confirm results and include them in the appropriate worksheet. Retain primary data for historical review.
- Interface to Laboratory Instruments: Interface easily with all laboratory instruments for automatic data transfer via an event scheduler. Configure standard and control samples. Insert control samples at pre-defined intervals. View QC graphs on the analysis results, standards and controls for each instrument. Import laboratory data on a scheduled basis according to user defined formats, locations, frequencies and protocols.
- Analysis Review and Validation: view the real-time progress of all samples and filter on priority samples. Automatically flag samples that are behind schedule and view the number of incomplete tests for each sample flagged. Receive an automatic alert on incomplete samples via email, SMS or on-screen. Schedule re-tests as required. Validate analysis results and flag completed samples for certification.
- Certificates of Analysis: Automatically generate hard copy or electronic certificates of analysis for approved samples. Produce interim certificates for incomplete samples. Reprint certificates as required. Avail of a full audit trail on all certificates of analysis and interim certificates.
- Quality Management: Online audit trails and internal system alerts for an enhanced quality control system. Automated features and colour coding for rapid problem solving and effective corrective action procedures.
- Management Enquiries and Reports: Immediate access to all management data, historical data, statistics and graphs. Avail of a full suite of standard and user defined enquiries and reports. Print reports, view them on screen, dispatch them via email or export them into Word and PDF documents or Excel spreadsheets.
- Instrument Calibration: Record instrument details and assign calibrations to laboratory personnel or external contractors. Provide automatic email and in-system alerts on calibrations due. Log calibration details and maintain a full calibration history. Generate a full report on calibrations due and completed for a specified period.
- Invoicing: Set pricing by test, test form or client. Automatically generate invoices for samples approved for invoicing. Print invoices on company stationary or generate branded PDF invoices. Full integration with third party business and accounting systems.
A secure, customisable solution to economically meet specific contract laboratory needs
SoftTrace LIMS has been designed to meet evolving business requirements, automate laboratory records, and integrate with laboratory instruments and business systems to provide a platform for full analysis quality management and traceability. It combines a comprehensive audit trail and high degree of overall application and data security with flexible, administrator-friendly facilities.
SoftTrace LIMS is a cost effective, easy to use system that can be configured to create a laboratory system with the required degree of flexibility to meet the specific needs and budget of individual contract laboratories. It can be deployed as a standalone Laboratory Information Management System or as part of an integrated system. Using application program interface (API) technology, SoftTrace LIMS integrates easily with existing business systems and laboratory instruments.
SoftTrace LIMS is highly configurable, flexible and user friendly. Its intuitive, graphical interface makes it easy to use, manage and customise. The user-defined test database, test specifications and dynamic worksheets can be configured to reflect existing manual recording systems and specific work processes, as well as accommodate business change.
Instant, accurate access to all the information you need
SoftTrace LIMS will provide you with an instant overview of all of your analysis processes – in user defined formats that are intuitive and easy to use for efficient decision making and enhanced customer service.
Full Standards Compliance
SoftTrace LIMS is designed and built to ensure our customers’ compliance with industry specific regulatory requirements including ISO 17025, ISO 14001, FDA 21 CFR Part 11, ICH, GAMP, EPA and NIDA.
Future Proof Your Investment
Portability across a wide range of desktop environments, operating systems and databases future proofs your investment in SoftTrace LIMS. It maximises your IT agility and allows each contract laboratory customer to use the technical platform most suitable to their particular enterprise needs.