SoftTrace are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We may collect, store and use the following types of data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including name, postal address, phone number, email address.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to provide to us.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Note on Cookies
A “cookie” is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies maystore user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Security of your Personal Data
SoftTrace will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. We recommend that you also ensure you are using a secure browser when accessing our website.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not share your passwords with anyone.
We strive to address internal policies and processes to ensure the highest levels of controls and safeguards are in place when SoftTrace hosts and processes data belonging to our customers.
Using your Personal Data
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications.
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SoftTrace Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SoftTrace Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.