SoftTrace LIMS – meeting the needs of independent testing laboratories
SoftTrace LIMS was designed for independent testing laboratories. It is a flexible, table-driven, multi-functional laboratory system. It meets the specific analysis and data integration demands of a range of laboratories in private company and public health testing environments.
SoftTrace LIMS has been designed specifically for the independent testing laboratory environment and requires no costly customisation to meet current and emerging challenges.
A cost effective, configurable, user friendly laboratory system
SoftTrace LIMS has been designed to meet evolving business requirements, automate laboratory records and integrate with all operational areas, third party instruments and business systems. It is cost effective, highly configurable, flexible and user friendly. A high degree of configurability ensures that SoftTrace LIMS keeps pace with evolving user requirements and business needs.
The intuitive, graphical interface makes SoftTrace LIMS easy to use, manage and customise. The user-defined test database, test specifications and dynamic worksheets can be configured to reflect existing manual recording systems and specific work processes, as well as accommodate business change:
- Spreadsheet layout provides users with a familiar and efficient mode of data entry.
- Build user defined, dynamic worksheets with variable test frequencies, establish a frequency table for each individual test and upper and lower limit test specifications.
- Restrict data entry. The worksheets are easily parameterised so that an entire sheet can be completed on the system by several users at different stages in the verification process without any user having to view or input information which is not immediately relevant to them. Result input can be configured to restrict inputs to specific values and formats.
- Automatically record result deviations throughout all stages of the testing process.
- Avail of a full audit history on each result. Amendments are flagged, by a colour change, for the attention of the Laboratory Manager during validation.
- Link a table of standard and free text comments.
- Define your own amendment reason codes and link these to any data entered on the system.
- Attach Microsoft Word and PDF based standard operating procedures and quality manuals and make them available at the click of a button.
SoftTrace LIMS Features
- Parameterised and configurable.
- Unique spreadsheet methodology.
- Sample intake, scheduling, validation and monitoring.
- User defined database of tests, test specifications and worksheets.
- Automatic test / sample creation and frequency control.
- Flexible data input routines.
- Early warning / real-time non-conformance alerts and quality incidents monitoring.
- Instrument interfacing and data capture library.
- Instrument calibration monitoring.
- Certificates of analysis / conformance documentation.
- Online methods and standard operating procedures.
- Full data access security.
- Full audit history on all results and amendments.
- Usage audit trail to operator and instrument level.
- Flexible reporting and graphing options.
- Customer complaints monitoring.
- Interfacing to business systems.
- Instrument calibration and event management tool.
- Flexible graphing (SPC) and reporting options.
Install SoftTrace LIMS and achieve:
- Real-time monitoring and validation of all analysis performed.
- Full, electronic traceability and a comprehensive quality profile on all completed samples.
- Significant cost reductions and increased operational efficiency through reduced workloads, elimination of duplication and maximum returns from current staffing levels.
- Guaranteed data integrity via automatic data capture and automatic results calculations, tighter control on all work processes and elimination of human error.
- Increased security with a usage audit trail to operator and instrument level and a full audit history on all results and amendments.
- Enhanced decision making capabilities through full integration with all operational areas and immediate access to all quality management data, historical data, statistics and graphs.