Use SoftTrace Raw Materials with SoftTrace LIMS, In-Process, Average Weights and Inventory Management for a total quality management and traceability software solution
Discover how leading players in your industry are using the SoftTrace quality management and traceability software to meet their challenges and increase profitability
SoftTrace provides integrated quality data on all raw materials and ingredients for enhanced rapid response and crisis management capabilities
SoftTrace Raw Materials records and monitors raw materials and goods received into the manufacturing facility.
Data captured at the intake point automatically generates a SoftTrace LIMS record for quality control. Raw materials received are placed on-hold until quality controlled and released into the manufacturing process. Analysis results, either recorded manually or captured directly from analytical instruments, determine the quality and process suitability of raw materials received.
Raw Materials released by QA are allocated to an intake silo or holding area and this data is captured in SoftTrace, creating a record in SoftTrace Inventory Management. This provides a full quality and compositional profile of bulk raw material inventory.
The first link in the traceability chain
Full traceability in a processing facility cannot be achieved without a data link from raw material receipts to the in-process batches. SoftTrace Raw Materials creates an unbroken traceability chain from the raw material source to the plant, on to quality control and release to the appropriate process or holding area.
Real-time integration of your intake measurement system with your inventory records, plant automation system and SoftTrace Raw Materials provides a comprehensive profile on all data relevant to raw materials receipts and management to provide an essential level of information visibility and control:
- Capture data at the intake point / weigh area.
- Record and monitor all receipts and sales.
- Generate corresponding records in the Laboratory and Inventory modules.
- Raw material QA and release into the process or holding area.
- Full traceability from raw material receipt into the process.
- Update inventories of raw materials and ingredients.
- Monitor direct sales to third party processors.
- Integrate with process automation software for physical movements and key events data.